I was born (1962) in Leiden, the Netherlands, and studied mathematics and physics there. In 1992 I obtained a PhD in mathematics. Afterwards I held a postdoc position in Oxford, and taught at the universities of Bayreuth and Bielefeld (GFD). Since 2000 I am a researcher of the media interaction group at Novay (formerly the Telematica instituut), where I specialized in content management, statististical text analysis and semantic techniques. I have participated in several cultural projects for the providing access to cultural heritage such as Topia, CHIP and CIC and knowledge management projects such as METIS. I have also been project manager for the Physiolog project that developed a mutimedia content and community workflow system for use with groups of fysiotherapists together with Roessingh Research. Since 2008 I am an affiliated member of the cross media lectorate, to the chagrin of my choir director as having beers with the other members has sometimes resulted in me being late.
- The Orange monarchy as a brand.
16 May 2013
- The Future Now
25 February 2013
- Distributional Similarity
11 January 2013
- TEDx Utrecht: The life altering power of doing it (and faking if necessary)
7 December 2012
- Crossmedial trauma healing: The “memorial Alsace Moselle” *** (Vaut le voyage)
28 September 2012
- The Big Bang Theory
17 May 2012
- The Great Media Strategy Game
20 April 2012
- The Journal Club and Roland Barthes, An Introduction to the Structural Analysis of Narrative
5 March 2012
- Crossmediale opwinding met Dieuwertje en de rolstoel piet.
3 December 2011
- Symposium "15 years SWOCC"
8 October 2011
- Terrorism is crossmedia
18 August 2011
- Nuclear crisis in 140 characters
24 March 2011
- Een ontologie van openbare vermakelijkheden
- Social media are highly accessible media
- Thesaurus based term ranking for keyword extraction
- Keyword extraction using word co-occurence
- Thesaurus based term ranking for keyword extraction / Keyword extraction using word co-occurrence
- Positioning in Peer to Peer Networks
- Manouverability of ships
- Onderzoeksrapport PACE